Friday 18 February 2011

Wake up mommy, it's 2.30 am!

Dear Poppy,


It has been 2 weeks since we returned from India but you are still on India time. In our first few days back, you would wake up at 1.30 am (7 am India time) bright as a button and ready to play. Now, 2 weeks later, things are slightly better, you wake up between 2.30 and 3 am! Bed time is 2.30 in the afternoon.. Perhaps you figured out that in gray, dreary and drab London, night is almost the same as day. What difference does it really make..its always gray outside the window.

Right now, it is just before 5 am and I am done with all my little jobs for the day, my emails, checking out my facebook page, making my endless lists and how would this be possible if not for your unique schedule.

People advise me: 'keep her up, dont let her sleep, take her out so the sunlight helps set her clock right'. Hmmm,well these people, with their best intentions, dont know my little Poppy and her not-so-little-fiery spirit. They dont know that when you want something, you want it now, in the next ten seconds or all hell breaks lose. They dont know that when you want to sleep, and give me your first signal of rubbing your eyes, I better drop everything else and get you to your crib in the next minute or else....

Do not get me wrong, Poppy, I am not complaining. I have come to admire and love your fiesty, embracing-the moment temperament. It also means, that when you are playful and happy, which you are most of the time, you are the most delightful little five and a half month old little-ball-of-cuteness on this planet. You giggle, chuckle, kick, roll around, try and jump, do  this little dance you have recently learned and you make sure that mommy is around to witness all this cuteness on display. Dare I leave the room for a minute. Afterall you are not putting up that spectacular show not to have an audience. That would be audacious! The only place in the house where you are content to contemplate quietly for 15 minutes at the max, is the swing that nana bought you. It is then that mummy can have those precious moments to do all the household chores before you swing right out of your reverie .

We had planned to go to the States to meet your mausi, mausa and cousin R. No way in hell is that ever happening (Sorry P). India is only 5.5 hours ahead. San Francisco is 8 hours behind!! It would only take you 3 months to get that jet lag out of your system. For now, we are happy in London and Europe with a time difference of only 1 hour..:)

Lots of love my jet-lagged little girl

Mummy

1 comment:

  1. So Sweet. She seems to take after you in some of her characteristics!

    ReplyDelete