Sunday 14 November 2010

To my friend Jacques, the peacock

Dear Jacques,

You were a present from A, J and little L, and I wanted you to know that you have been absolutely great, giving me company and providing me with entertainment on those long dreaded outdoor trips that mum takes me on in the pram. You have the most beautiful, colourful wings and I have spent hours just staring, smiling and talking to you. There isn't much to do, is there, inside the horrible pram where one can see nothing of the outside world.






















If mummy ever asked me whether I wanted to go along with her on those grocery trips or those Friday afternoon meetings with her 'new-mums club', she would have heard my answer, NO, THANK YOU! I would much rather be happy in the warmth of the house, playing on my play-mat or in the crib, or looking at myself in my favourite mirror. But she drags me out in the cold, even in the rain! If not for you, Jacques, those trips would not have been bearable.

A couple of days ago, she took me to this huge shopping mall and she had forgotten to hang you on the front of the pram. The audacity. I screamed and screeched, and eventually she had to carry me in one hand, push the pram with the other and also handle the shopping bags, hee hee! That will teach her not to leave you behind next time.

Love,  Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment